There are many excellent descriptions of the ESFj (Ethical Sensing Extrovert) out there, so I'll try to refrain from a rehash of all of those articles. But I'd like to take this opportunity to provide some of my personal observations of the type and how to know if you're in the presence of one.
- The ESFj loves to organize fun activities. The typical ESFj loves to create an environment where people are happy (Introverted Sensing combined with Extraverted Feeling) and thus takes initiative around organizing social activities and encouraging people to take part. They are happy to organize and host/run activities for their friends, for their co-workers, for their children, for their children's friends, etc.
- The ESFj loves to feed people. ESFj's are usually excellent cooks and love to have dinner parties where they can use their talents. They will always give food and beverage to visitors to their home (sometimes forcibly) and they'll often bring home-made treats to their workplace as well.
- The ESFj is straight-forward. They are honest and direct in conversation and, like most Sensors, their speaking style is forthright and unadorned.
- The ESFj is friends with everyone. ESFj's are probably the friendliest of the sixteen types and will make an initial effort to be friends with anybody they cross paths with. They are quite adept at making conversation and have a pleasant, welcoming demeanor. However...
- The ESFj actively enforces their beliefs. Despite being super-friendly, ESFj's have a strongly developed value system and, with the help of their boundless energy and enthusiasm, have no problem defending their beliefs or even imposing them on others (in a nice way...usually).
- The ESFj [generally] has a medium build and [usually] dresses quite well. Their Introverted Sensing drives them to maintain a healthy lifestyle and an attractive appearance. This is true of males and females.