- The ESTj is productivity-oriented. Above everything else, the ESTj emphasizes their work. They have great stamina for productivity and have a knack for increasing efficiency and output of whatever they are working on.
- The ESTj is responsible. ESTj's have a strong sense of duty and an extremely high work ethic, expecting the same from others. They also value loyalty and honesty, and find it very difficult to be dishonest themselves. They willingly take responsibility for the outcomes of their projects.
- The ESTj is practical. At work, they focus on the most efficient path towards the stated goals, even going so far as to circumvent rules or policies that they consider purposeless. They do not like ambiguity and will ask clarifying questions until they are satisfied that they understand things concretely.
- The ESTj is polite. Especially to strangers, the ESTj is polite and welcome. They are able to socialize, but will inevitably want to return to productive activities. They can be provoked to anger, especially by excessive frivolity or dishonesty.
- The ESTj is conservative...not necessarily in a political way, but in the family-values sense. They believe it is their responsibility to provide well for their family and to be a role model for their community.
- The ESTj has rigid posture and movements. This is true of males and females. Their body types will vary, but they often appear uncomfortable or tense. Their dress is typically conservative, neat, and geared for comfort.
Thursday, September 26, 2013
how to recognize an ESTj
There are many excellent descriptions of the ESTj (Logical Sensing Extrovert) out there, so I'll try to refrain from a rehash of all of those articles. But I'd like to take this opportunity to provide some of my personal observations of the type and how to know if you're in the presence of one.