- The ISFp is friendly. As with the other Feeling introverts, the ISFp is fully capable of being sociable--their introverted sensing augments the ISFp's ability engage other people. Moreso than other introverts, they can appear extroverted even among strangers, although they won't remain in that state for prolonged periods.
- The ISFp values harmony. The defining characteristic of the ISFp is their emphasis on harmony, both materially and emotionally. Their homes will be well-kept and comfortable. They enjoy peaceful surroundings and also enjoy being in outdoors. In terms of their relationships, they will follow things naturally, not being particularly assertive or aggressive while also allowing themselves to be receptive and to foster warm relationships with other people.
- The ISFp is non-confrontational. As might be expected from someone who values harmony, the ISFp refrains from arguments with others, as well as from being pulled into others' conflicts. They can become assertive if directly provoked but they generally carry themselves in such a way that conflict scenarios rarely occur.
- The ISFp is internally turbulent but remains outwardly optimistic. Like other introverts, the ISFp processes many things internally and they can become emotionally strained. But they try to hide their anxieties from others, preferring to appear unaffected and consistently cheerful to outsiders. When they are provoked past their threshold, they can become briefly aggressive and quickly withdraw to compose themselves.
- The ISFp is artistically-minded. They have an appreciation for arts and cultural experiences and are themselves drawn to creative hobbies--painting, writing, or music.
- The ISFp is [usually] a tad chubby but physically graceful. Their physical characteristics tend towards soft and rounded. This is true of males and females. They are blessed with a great sense of style and color and will always be dressed well and appropriate to the occassion.
Tuesday, September 24, 2013
how to recognize an ISFp
There are many excellent descriptions of the ISFp (Sensing Ethical Introvert) out there, so I'll try to refrain from a rehash of all of those articles. But I'd like to take this opportunity to provide some of my personal observations of the type and how to know if you're in the presence of one.