- The ISTj is logical. They approach everything rationally and sequentially--they do not excel at multi-tasking but instead prefer to follow one thought process through to its logical end.
- The ISTj attempts to be restrained. They generally appear to be objective and calm, but can be provoked into surprisingly aggressive behavior. Additionally, they hold themselves confidently and enjoy socializing (at least more than the other logical-introverted types) and can become animated in conversation.
- The ISTj is rules-oriented. ISTjs respect social norms and power hierarchies, taking offense to those who do not.
- The ISTj is meticulous. They are detail-oriented and will patiently sift through all available information before making decisions. They are highly-organized at work and at home. An interesting note here--in their area of expertise they will display a high degree of confidence, up to the point of denying that they are incorrect or uninformed about related facts presented by other people.
- The ISTj enjoys culture. In spite of their reputation for being logical and work-oriented, ISTj's will reserve part of their lives for arts and culture. They enjoy being outdoors and in nature, they often consider themselves to be part-time foodies, film-connoisseurs, artists, etc.
- The ISTj is [usually] fit and has rigid posture and movements. This is true of males and females. Their dress style is conservative and clean cut, emphasis is placed on grooming.
Monday, September 2, 2013
how to recognize an ISTj
There are many excellent descriptions of the ISTj (Logical Sensing Introvert) out there, so I'll try to refrain from a rehash of all of those articles. But I'd like to take this opportunity to provide some of my personal observations of the type and how to know if you're in the presence of one.